Friday, October 22, 2010

Ultrasound





We had our "big" ultrasound appointment yesterday. We didn't find out the sex of the baby but we were still so happy and excited to see her/him moving around like crazy. The doctor said everything looked good. There is a small spot of fluid by the baby's heart so the doctor wants to do another ultrasound at my next appointment in a month. She said the she's never seen it not clear itself up, but wants to keep an eye on it. She also wants to keep an eye on the baby's size. Right now the baby's in the 85% for weight and if it continues to grow at this rate, they may have to induce me before my due date. We will see what happens! So far, I still feel great and I am growing! Here are pictures from the ultrasound- Jared's kind of creeped out by the pictures- they do look a little "alien-like." Ha...our baby has a lot more developing to do!

2 comments:

  1. yay! i think it's a girl (and it looks like you) ;) and it's good that the baby is big, much better to have a healthy baby than a tiny one. And you never know if you go early, it will be good that it's a healthy size (by the way, my Drs always told me they really can't tell size very accurately on the ultrasounds, so I wouldn't worry)! Thanks for sharing these, it's so cute already! And saying some prayers that the fluid clears up

    Do you have a feeling either way, boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...thanks Kristine!!! I know, I would rather have a bigger baby and I agree...how the heck can they really tell how big it is?? I have a feeling it's a boy but my mom and Jared's mom are both saying girl. We'll see. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete