Sunday, March 13, 2011

4 Days 'til D-Day...

I'm officially due in 4 days! We are so excited and wish it would happen tonight! So far I'm 2-3 cm dialated, 50% effaced and the head is "nice and low" according to the doctor. However, I've been this way for 2+weeks, so I continue to go for long walks, eat spicy things, and hope that Baby S will make his/her arrival sooner than later! The plan with the doctor is to induce me on the 24th if I haven't gone into labor before (this would be 41 weeks). The only positive side to not having the baby until the 24th is that our hospital is opening up the brand new birthing wing on the 21st and we would get to be in one of the really nice new rooms (rumor has there are flat screens, giant whirl pools, double beds and more!). But, I would be as content going into labor naturally (and earlier) if it means having this baby sooner! I'm not that uncomfortable, just ready to hold my baby!

Here's a picture of us walking in a nature preserve last weekend trying to get things moving! And another (hopefully last) picture of the big belly!


1 comment: