Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camping!

Late last week, Jared and I spontaneously decided it would be really fun to take Tucker camping. So, we called our friends, Ryan and Noelle, and askedto borrow their pop-up camper. They generously agreed to let us borrow it. We quickly called Peninsula State Park (a state park in Door County) to see if there were any available campsites. Fortunately, we got the only remaining site with electricity. So on Monday, we got everything ready to go and went north for 2 nights. It was such a fun trip and the best part was the camper! I'm pretty sure I may never go camping in a tent again (I was majorly spoiled!). Here are some pictures from our short, but fun, trip!

Getting packed up- just enough room for Tucker!:

Getting organized at the campsite:

Tucker, our foreman, made sure everything was put together correctly.
All set up!
Inside the camper- Jared slept on the right side (a king bed), I slept on the left side (a queen bed) and Tucker slept next to me on a pull out couch.
Cooking potatoes over the fire:
Delicious dinner prepared by Chef Jared
Hanging by the fire:



We loved going on a long hike through the woods. Tucker enjoyed riding along in the backpack for the first time.
The hike also included climbing up a tall tower to get an amazing view of Lake Michigan.

We ended our hike on the beach where we took some time to sit and relax.

Tucker was a great camper and loved being outside in the fresh air. We were super fortunate to get wonderful, cool weather and hardly any mosquitoes! We will definitely be camping again the future (hopefully Ryan and Noelle will allow us to borrow their camper again!).

1 comment: