- I got back in shape (something I probably wasn't in even before getting pregnant).
- I was able to have "me" time (something I didn't realize how much I mentally/emotionally needed).
- I got to have many hours of girl/mom talk with Holly.
- I realized that I could become a runner. I always thought people were born runners and I definitely wasn't one.
- I ran farther than I ever have in my life.
- I received the awesome feeling of accomplishing my goal!
Last Sunday, we ran 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 15 minutes. It was a great morning and we had a ton of fun. All the training (we loosely followed a schedule), paid off. Our goal was to run the whole thing and we did it! Here we are!
Pre-race:
Grandma Jane, Grandma Lauri, Grandpa Don, Jared and Tucker were amazing cheerleaders!
Mid-race:
Crossing the finish!
Post-Race-feeling GREAT!
With our babies- our biggest inspiration!
Jared was a major support to me through the whole training. He always made it possible for me to be able to run by watching Tucker whenever he could. :) Thank you, Jared!!
I would definitely recommend a half-marathon to anyone. It was the perfect length and I'm not even that sore anymore! I think I might even do it again!





WOW!!!! That's awesome, Katie! Congrats!! You look amazing, of course!
ReplyDeleteyay! that's awesome! i signed up for one in november but i'm not sure i'll make it...you just gave me some motivation to get the training in :)
ReplyDelete