Tucker is saying/doing the funniest things right now and I don't want to forget them. So here are a few along with some pictures of our Big T.
-He loves to put on my running shoes, hat and armband (for my phone) and run laps around the house. Complete with panting sounds and breaks because he's "tired." This all began after I decided to push both boys in the jogging stroller on a run the other day. During the run, he kept looking back at me and asking if I was tired... So observant- must have noticed my sweaty, red face and loud panting noises- it was hot and they were HEAVY. (These pictures don't do the whole scene justice-it's quite funny).


-He is such a talker. He's always been a big talker but now he says tons of sentences and even held a decent phone conversation with me yesterday. He was able to tell me all about what he was playing, that Tate was not sleeping and what he had for dinner. He answered my questions and did a great job. He definitely loves to mimic the things we say which really makes me realize what things I say often. Such as: "can we play dinosaurs, a little bit?" "maybe later let's go play outside?" "I be really gentle with this puzzle, ok Mommy?", "I have fun at the park!" "Are our friends going to play too?" "Mommy/Daddy/Tate, I wuv you!" (this is by far our favorite). It makes us realize we have to be careful with the things we say because he seems to be listening and repeating everything. He's also become really curious and has started asking what the things are called when he doesn't know the word. For example, my arm band for running. Since he loves to run around the house in it, he's been asking what it's called. I told him the other day but last night I heard him refer to it as his "super powers!" Ha.
- He's funny and already has a sense of humor. He cracks up at tv shows at the appropriate funny times. He'll do funny things like yell for Jared right after he's put him down for the night and then when you go up there he'll say, "I need water." or "My diaper is wet." and then he'll roar laughing. I think he's thinking, "gotcha!" and then of course it's hard not to laugh with him.


-He is very into his routine. This summer our days have been pretty similar- some sort of activity in the morning, lunch at home, naps, and then play more after naps until dinner/bedtime. So he knows the drill. It will get to be close to lunch time and he'll announce, "I'm hungry- how about blueberries, strawberries, cheese, maybe sandwich and a pickle!?" He has a pretty similar lunch everyday with his favorites but his absolute favorite thing to eat is a pickle. If he happens to be near the fridge (which he calls, "the black door") when someone opens it and he spies the jar of pickles, there is no turning back. It doesn't matter if it's 7 a.m. or 9 p.m., this kid will eat a pickle any time.
- He's funny and already has a sense of humor. He cracks up at tv shows at the appropriate funny times. He'll do funny things like yell for Jared right after he's put him down for the night and then when you go up there he'll say, "I need water." or "My diaper is wet." and then he'll roar laughing. I think he's thinking, "gotcha!" and then of course it's hard not to laugh with him.
-He's still pretty literal about some things. For example, the other morning Jared said to him, "Ok buddy, what should we have for breakfast?" Tucker stopped, looked at him and said, "I'm not Buddy, I'm Tucker." And when we went to pick up our van the other day, Tucker was super excited but when we got there he looked at us and said, "I can't pick that up. It's too heavy." What a nut.
And then there's sweet Tate:
-Tate just goes with the flow and hardly ever fusses. The other day I was at school working on my classroom and when I got home, I asked Jared how Tate did with the bottle he ate. Jared looked at me confused and said, "what bottle?" I had left in a hurry and forgot to mention to him that Tate would probably need a bottle. The poor kid was going on almost 6 hours without eating. Jared said that he was totally content and happy the whole time. That completely describes our little Tate.
-Tate loves watching Tucker play and laughs at him a ton. He puts up really well with Tucker even though Tucker walks by Tate at least 100 times a day and put his hand on Tate's mouth. I don't know why Tucker does it and I've tried to get him to stop, but he loves to do it and Tate doesn't mind at all. Go figure.
-Tate loves to play in his exersaucer, sit up with toys around him, jump in his jumper in the doorway, ride in the stroller, ride in the car, or in the front pack. He's really content. His least content time is at night. He wakes up a lot still but usually just wants to his nuk or a little soothing and goes right back down. I'll take the getting up at night if it means having a content daytime baby. He's not a huge sleeper and usually only takes two 45 min-11/2 hour naps during the day. But other than that, he's so easy to bring places and be on the go with. It's made life with 2 kids so much easier than I would have expected.
Brothers:
I'm so thankful these two have each other. I feel incredibly blessed and fortunate to have two healthy and happy boys. They truly love each other. Tucker is never jealous of Tate and I really think he feels like life is better now that Tate's in our family. Tate watches Tucker and just smiles. It's like he can't get enough of him. He thinks he's funny and lights up when Tucker talks to him.
As much as I wish time could stand still right now, I know that it can't and I'll probably be saying in a few months that this is my favorite age.





No comments:
Post a Comment